All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.31
About this product
- DescriptionThe thousand-year-old pilgrimage routes to the shrine of St James at Santiago de Compostela have seen an astonishing rise in the number of pilgrims since the turn of the millennium. Religious or secular, walking, riding or cycling, the Cami continues to work its magic on those who set out on this ancient path. In <i>The Roads to Santiago</i> acclaimed landscape photographer Derry Brabbs has captured the true spirit of this remarkable journey. From the endless vistas of central France, the pilgrim routes converge in the mountain passes of the Pyrenees, then forge a path across the desolate beauty of the Spanish meseta. Covering all four major routes through France, and the Cami Frances across Spain, this is the essential companion for anyone who has made or intends to make this inspirational journey.
- Author BiographyJULIA BRADBURY is one of television's most experienced and versatile presenters. She currently co-hosts the BBC1 country affairs programme Countryfile with Matt Baker. They travel to the most interesting places in the country uncovering stories, meeting people and investigating issues that affect us all. It launched to record ratings and is consistently the 'most watched programme' on BBC One. Countryfile is broadcast every Sunday at 7pm. A well known face on our screens, Julia's back catalogue has included the consumer affairs programme Watchdog, travel series for Rough Guide and Wish You Were Here. Prior to that she was the Los Angeles Correspondent for GMTV, and hosted EXCLUSIVE!, one of the launch programmes for Five.DERRY BRABBS is regarded as one of England's finest photographers within the sphere of heritage and landscape, with over 20 illustrated books to his credit. His stunning colour photographs for the worldwide best-seller James Herriot's Yorkshire contributed to its success. He is the author of several beautifully photographed titles celebrating England's landscape and architectural legacy. Derry lives in Harrogate.
- PublisherFrances Lincoln Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication20/06/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFrances Lincoln Publishers Ltd
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight907 g
- Width190 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Photographer(s)Derry Brabbs
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Sewn
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.