All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- Description'Gender equality is a fundamental right, a common value of the EU, and a necessary condition for the achievement of the EU objectives of growth, employment and social cohesion.' (European Commission: Roadmap for Equality between Women and Men). 2007 has been designated as 'European Year of Equal Opportunities for All'. What are the challenges of gender equality policy in a wider Europe of 27, with a combined population of 500 million? A two-days conference on 'The Role of Women in Central Europe after EU Enlargement' organized by the Austrian Cultural Forum Milan together with Milan State University tried to assess the history, culture, ecomic situation and international relations of one female half of Europe that sees the Western world with new eyes and may indicate to us the way to a better future.
- Author BiographyThe Editors: Stella Avallone, born in 1961 in Vienna, has been working for the Austrian Federal Ministry for European and International Affairs since 1985, among others, at the Austrian Embassies at Moscow and Bratislava; from 2003 to 2007 she was Director of the Austrian Cultural Forum Milan. Bianca Valota-Cavallotti, born in 1946 in Bucharest, has been Professor for Eastern European History at State University Milan since 1987, Secretary General of the International Commission for Slavic Historical Studies and of the International Committee for Historical Sciences.
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication01/11/2008
- SubjectGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Series TitleMarie Jahoda Sozialwissenschaftliche Studien
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- First Published2008
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Content Notetables and graphs
- Weight350 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Edited byBianca Valota-Cavallotti,Stella Avallone
- Edition Statement1st New edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.