All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.26
- AU $17.87Trending at AU $21.24
- AU $37.39Trending at AU $44.49
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $37.13
- AU $25.92Trending at AU $34.15
- AU $36.24Trending at AU $40.20
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $76.66
About this product
- DescriptionThis book depicts the struggles of the people to protect the environment, treating the can of worms associated with the campaign against the destructive black sand mining. It showcased the relevant activities in a more factual and vivid description that is t only thought-provoking but interesting in very aspect. The material deals with the techniques of running a cause advocacy crusade, as it gives the readers a random view of how the academe took part and became instrumental to the success of preventing a damaging activity to take place in a coastal village. Guaranteed is the established ambiance that the readers will enjoy a fun ride on a supposedly documentary features brought to life on a melodramatic journey, with action packed, humor entwined and sorrowful advent on the existing deuements. It's a different commodity to try, being unique in its own way.
- Author BiographyABOUT THE AUTHOR ELISEO JOSELITO B. MONROY was born in Dalaguete, Cebu, Philippines on June 14, 1964, and was raised in Tanjay City, Negros Oriental. He was a consistent honor student during his scholastic days, a student leader, and political activist. Also, he was an Associate-Editor of the Anahaw, a school organ of East Negros Institute in his hometown. He entered the police service on July 16, 1990, and became an investigator and intelligence operative making 159 arrests and was involved in neutralizing 5 organized crime groups. For his significant accomplishments, he received several awards, meritorious service medals, and commendations. He was a member of the Task Force Pagbabago (Reform) 7 and was tasked to investigate scalawags in the Philippine National Police. Also, he was designated as a provincial consultant of the Public Assistance and Reaction, Against Crime (PARAC, Inc.), Negros Oriental Chapter. Furthermore, he was instrumental with his suggestions for the necessary amendment of the Dangerous Drugs Act of 1972 as initiated by then, Senator Robert Barbers. In 2013, he was a radio commentator on a political affairs program, Utingkay, (Dig Up) as aired via DYLT Magic FM 101.7. As a cause advocate, he created the Facebook pages: Anti-Abuse and Corruption, and Reviews, Complaints and Promotions with international bearing. He maintained a website, the THE CAUSE ADVOCATE - www.jojomonroysite.org and launched the campaign against the destructive Black Sand Mining in Negros Oriental. He was a contributor to All Voices International News Forum aside from managing his small-scale freelance writing enterprise, Fresh Ideas (DTI Reg. 02099275), catering to the needs of students and professionals.
- Author(s)MR Eliseo Joselito Belda Monroy
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication29/07/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectNatural History: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight304 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.