All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is our story of fifty fantastic years. We started out as a blues band playing the clubs and more recently we've filled the largest stadiums in the world with the kind of show that ne of us could have imagined all those years ago. Curated by us, it features the very best photographs and ephemera from and beyond our archives. (Mick, Keith, Charlie & Ronnie). On Thursday 12 July 1962 the Rolling Stones went on stage at the Marquee Club in London's Oxford Street. In the intervening fifty years the Stones have performed live in front of more people than any band...ever. They've played the smallest blues clubs and some of the biggest stadium tours of all time. They've had No.1 singles and albums in every country that has a popular music chart and have helped define global popular culture. A phemenal half-century later, they w look back at their astounding career. Curated, introduced and narrated by the band themselves, The Rolling Stones 50 is the only officially authorized book to celebrate this milestone. With privileged access to a wealth of unseen and rare material, it is packed with superb reportage photography, contact sheets, negative strips, out-takes and so much more, from every period in the bands history. With more than 1,000 illustrations, it also features some of the most rare and interesting Stones memorabilia in existence: international posters, draft record cover art, bubblegum cards, jigsaws and other previously unpublished treasures specially photographed for this volume. Additional contributions by photography legends Gered Mankowitz, Jean-Marie Perier, Dezo Hoffmann, Michael Cooper, Terry ONeill, Bent Rej, Philip Townsend and many others make this the definitive book to celebrate fifty years of the Rolling Stones. From Mick, Keith, Charlie and Ronnie here is one spectacular thank you to their fans all over the world.
- Author(s)Charlie Watts,Keith Richards,Mick Jagger,Ronnie Wood
- PublisherThames & Hudson Ltd
- Date of Publication12/07/2012
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThames & Hudson Ltd
- Content NoteWith over 1000 illustrations in colour and black & white
- Weight2580 g
Most relevant reviews
- alanhodge07 Jul, 2014by
Great collectors item. Lots of information and details not available as general information before. Great coffee table book, most visitors look at it with interest.
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.34Trending at AU $49.62
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.74
- AU $28.60Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $70.25Trending at AU $77.45
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $76.83
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $39.18
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.70
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.