All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.61
About this product
- DescriptionNo other political entity has shaped the modern world like the Roman Empire. Encompassing close to a quarter of the world's population and 3 million km2 of land, it represented a diverse and dynamic collection of nations, states and tribes, all bound to Rome and the ideal of a Roman identity. In the lively and engaging style that he's kwn for, Philip Matyszak traces the history of the Roman Empire from the fall of the Assyrians and the rise of the Roman Republic through to the ages of expansion, crisis and eventual split. Breathing new life into these extraordinary events, Matyszak explains how the empire operated, deploying its incredibly military machine to conquer vast territory then naturalizing its subject peoples as citizens of Rome. It was a method of rule so sophisticated that loyalty to Rome remained strong even afters its collapse creating an expansive legacy that continues to this day.
- Author BiographyPhilip Matyszak currently teaches at the Institute of Continuing Education, University of Cambridge, and is the author of Ancient Rome on Five Denarii a Day, Legionary: The Roman Soldier's (Unofficial) Manual and The Greek and Roman Myths, among others. He lives in British Columbia, Canada.
- Author(s)Philip Matyszak
- PublisherOneworld Publications
- Date of Publication03/04/2014
- SubjectAncient History
- Series TitleBeginner's Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOneworld Publications
- Content Note1 maps, 7 black & white halftones
- Weight97 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.