All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.74Trending at AU $16.20
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $37.95
- AU $14.06Trending at AU $23.24
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.85
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
About this product
- DescriptionThe Romance of Arthur, James J. Wilhelm's classic anthology of Arthurian literature, is an essential text for students of the medieval Romance tradition. This fully updated third edition presents a comprehensive reader, mapping the course of Arthurian literature, and is expanded to cover: key authors such as Chretien de Troyes and Thomas of Britain, as well as Arthurian texts by women and more obscure sources for Arthurian romance extensive coverage of key themes and characters in the tradition a wide geographical range of texts including translations from Latin, French, German, Spanish, Welsh, Middle English, and Italian sources a broad chronological range of texts, encompassing nearly a thousand years of Arthurian romance. Norris J. Lacy builds on the book's source material, presenting readers with a clear introduction to many accessible modern-spelling versions of Arthurian texts. The extracts are presented in a new reader-friendly format with detailed suggestions for further reading and illustrations of key places, figures, and scenes. The Romance of Arthur provides an excellent introduction and an extensive resource for both students and scholars of Arthurian literature.
- Author BiographyNorris J. Lacy is Edwin Erle Sparks Professor of French and Medieval Studies at Pennsylvania State University, USA. James J. Wilhelm is a leading scholar of medieval literature and twentieth-century poetry. He was formerly Professor of Comparative Literature at Rutgers University.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication07/12/2012
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note13 black & white halftones
- Weight1156 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Edited byJames J. Wilhelm,Norris J. Lacy
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.