All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a one-stop resource containing introductory material through to practical case studies in reading primary and secondary texts to introducing criticism and new directions in research. The Romanticism Handbook is an accessible and comprehensive introduction to literature and culture in the Romantic period. It is a one-stop resource for literature students, providing the essential information and guidance needed from introducing the historical and cultural context to key authors, texts and genres. It includes case studies for reading literary and critical texts, a guide to key critical concepts, introductions to key critical approaches, and a timeline of literary and cultural events. Essays on changes in the can, interdisciplinary approaches and current and future directions in the field lead into more advanced topics; and guided further reading enables further independent work. Written in clear language by leading academics, it is an indispensable starting point for anyone beginning their study of Romantic literature. Literature and Culture Handbooks are an invative series of guides to major periods, topics and authors in British and American literature and culture. Designed to provide a comprehensive, one-stop resource for literature students, each handbook provides the essential information and guidance needed from the beginning of a course through to developing more advanced kwledge and skills.
- Author BiographyJoel Faflak is Senior Lecturer in English Studies at the University of Western Ontario, Canada. His books include Romantic Psychoanalysis (SUNY Press, 2007) and Sanity, Madness, Transformation: The Psyche of Romanticism (editor, University of Toronto Press, 2005) Sue Chaplin is Senior Lecturer in English at Leeds Metropolitan University, UK. She is the Executive Officer of the International Gothic Association, Executive Member of the British Association for Romanticism Studies and commissioning editor of the Romanticism division of the online journal Literature Compass.
- PublisherContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Date of Publication01/03/2011
- SubjectLiterary Studies: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleLiterature and Culture Handbooks
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Content Noteblack & white tables, figures
- Weight431 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byDr. Sue Chaplin,Joel Faflak
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.32
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.53
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.37
- AU $36.79Trending at AU $38.16
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.69
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.51
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.