Save on Fiction Books
- AU $92.81Trending at AU $103.88
- AU $67.16Trending at AU $74.80
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.70
- AU $41.18Trending at AU $43.25
- AU $30.11Trending at AU $36.20
- AU $28.50Trending at AU $30.84
- AU $19.73Trending at AU $22.74
About this product
- DescriptionIn the 1960s, post-colonial Libya fell prey to the sprawling industrial greed of the West, driven by the discovery of oil. While the modern quarter of Tripoli, built by the Italians, was small and affluent, the rest of the city--like the rest of the nation--was left to fend for itself amid the arid, sandy stretches of North Africa. As tensions mounted between eastern and western ideals, terror began to supplant justice, and acts of religiously motivated violence began to fill some of Tripoli's darkest corners. Against this backdrop, the teenaged Michele Balistreri--a smart young man plagued by thuggish tendencies and a youthful attraction to Fascism--suffered a succession of personal blows that would scar him for life: the death of his mother; a terrible tragedy that befell his best friend's family; and the consequences of his father's role in Gaddafi's rise to power. Worst of all, an incent blood pact he made as a teenager would come to haunt him as an adult. Four decades later, journalist Linda Nardi is hard at work investigating the shadowy history of the Vatican Bank's involvement in Libya when she suddenly finds her attention diverted to an irresistible story assignment: covering the collapse of Colonel Gaddafi's forty-two year dictatorship. It is only a matter of time before Nardi's research and Balistreri's investigative work as a police commissario bring them into contact. Together they unearth a deadly conspiracy that goes to the top of Rome's power structure that neither of them will ever be able to forget.
- Author BiographyRoberto Costantini was born to Italian parents in Libya, where he spent the first eighteen years of his life. He was educated as a mechanical engineer, and also earned an MBA from Stanford University. After a thirty-year career working for American companies in many different countries, he is now a manager of the LUISS Guido Carli University in Rome, where he also teaches Leadership and Negotiation in the MBA program. The Deliverance of Evil was his first novel in a planned trilogy.
- Author(s)Roberto Costantini
- PublisherQuercus NA
- Date of Publication03/02/2015
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationNY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintQuercus NA
- Weight816 g
- Width157 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine46 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.