Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.08Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.33Trending at AU $76.94
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $27.17Trending at AU $37.56
About this product
- DescriptionThe fragmentation of the former Somali Democratic Republic into three distinctive entities, together with the events that have ensued since then, make for a complex political puzzle that raises a plethora of questions. M. J. Fox explores some of the most fundamental of those questions: Have the three Somalias of today always been asdisparate as they are w? How deeply rooted are those differences? Why has southern Somalia remained steeped in violence while Somaliland and Puntland are relatively peaceful and stable? And does political culture have any role to play in contemporary Somali politics? As she traces the compelling influences of political culture over time, Fox provides a unique comparative analysis of Somaliland, Puntland, and Somalia in the twenty-first century.
- Author BiographyM. J. Fox is an independent scholar, formerly with the Department of Peace and Conflict Research at Uppsala University, Sweden.
- Author(s)Dr M. J. Fox
- PublisherLynne Rienner Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication30/10/2015
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationBoulder, CO
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLynne Rienner Publishers Inc
- Weight530 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.