All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith 240 color photos and engaging text, this is the first book devoted to collecting rosaries. Hundreds of examples and informative text enables antique lovers, historians, and collectors of religious artifacts to identify variations of rosaries, and their crosses, crucifixes, and religious medals, determining their age and place of origin. It contains historical insights and descriptions, explaining materials used and legends associated with various rosaries. Background information on rosary makers, answers to frequently asked questions, and a glossary to define related terms are also included. With the information enclosed, readers searching brick and mortar stores or online will be able to distinguish between genuine antiques, reproductions, and rosaries that have been altered. The color photographs and concise descriptions identify old and new rosaries in detail. From the boxwood rosary owned by England's King Henry VIII to the newest Mysteries of Light Rosary developed by Pope John Paul II, this volume spans the ages and brings new understanding of both the rosary's beauty and its place in history.
- Author BiographyHelen Hoffner, Ed.D., is a Holy Family University professor. She travels the world, finding and researching rosaries.
- Author(s)Gloria Brady Hoffner,Helen Hoffner
- PublisherSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication28/01/2014
- SubjectAntiques & Collectables
- Place of PublicationAtglen, PA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Content Note241 color photos
- Weight1070 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine20 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.45Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.