All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA late spring in 1142 brings dismay to the Abbey of Saint Peter and Saint Paul, for there may be roses by June the twenty-second. On that day the young widow Perle must receive one white rose as rent for the house she has given to benefit the abbey or the contract is void. When nature finally complies, a pious monk is sent to pay the rent, but discovers that the rose bush has been destroyed and he is then found murdered inside it. The abbey's wise herbalist, Brother Cadfael, follows the trail of bloodied petals. He kws the lovely widow's dowry is far greater with her house included, and she will likely wed again. But before Cadfael can ponder if a greedy suitor has done this dreadful deed, ather crime is committed. Now the good monk must thread his way through a tangle more torturous than the widow's thorns.
- Author BiographyEllis Peters is one of the pseudonyms of Edith Pargeter who wrote several books under her own name and also Peter Benedict, Jolyon Carr and John Redfern. She was the recipient of the Crime Writers Association and the Cartier Diamond Dagger Award. She died in 1995.
- Author(s)Ellis Peters
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication01/02/1996
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Series TitleThe Cadfael Chronicles
- Series Part/Volume Number13
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Notemap
- Weight145 g
- Width108 mm
- Height177 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsA-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.40Trending at AU $32.16
- AU $29.90Trending at AU $31.65
- AU $12.61Trending at AU $13.09
- AU $46.01Trending at AU $53.17
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $49.86
- AU $28.97Trending at AU $31.78
- AU $12.21Trending at AU $16.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.