All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA mother is brutally raped by a man on their North Dakota reservation where she lives with her husband and thirteen-year-old son, Joe. Traumatized and afraid, she takes to her bed and refuses to talk to anyone - including the police. While her husband, a tribal judge, endeavours to wrest justice from a situation that defies his keenest efforts, young Joe's world shifts on its child's axis. Confused, and nursing a complicated fury, Joe sets out to find answers that might put his mother's attacker behind bars - and make everything right again. Or so he hopes. The Round House is a poignant and abundantly humane story of a young boy pitched prematurely into an unjust adult world. It is a story of vivid survival; and tt confirms Louise Erdrich as one of America's most distinctive contemporary velists.
- Author BiographyLouise Erdrich is the author of thirteen novels as well as volumes of poetry, children's books and a memoir of early motherhood. Her debut novel, Love Medicine (1984) won the National Book Critics' Circle Award. The Last Report on the Miracles at Little No Horse (2001) was a finalist for the US National Book Award. Her last novel, The Plague of Doves (2008) was a New York Times bestseller. Louise Erdrich lives in Minnesota with her daughters and is the owner of Birchbark Books, a small independent bookshop.
- Author(s)Louise Erdrich
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication24/09/2013
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight312 g
- Width133 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine24 mm
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $73.25
- AU $84.17Trending at AU $91.13
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $83.49
- AU $12.76Trending at AU $15.08
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.67
- AU $21.57Trending at AU $24.15
- AU $11.44Trending at AU $14.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.