All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.83Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.11
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $84.79
- AU $61.22Trending at AU $69.47
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.12
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $24.54
- AU $37.91Trending at AU $41.12
About this product
- DescriptionThe Routledge Companion to Britain in the Nineteenth Century, 1815-1914 is an accessible and indispensable compendium of essential information on the Victorian and Edwardian eras. Using chrologies, maps, glossaries, an extensive bibliography, a wealth of statistical information and nearly two hundred biographies of key figures, this clear and concise book provides a comprehensive guide to modern British history from the end of the Napoleonic Wars to the outbreak of the First World War. As well as the key areas of political, ecomic and social development of the era, this book also covers the increasingly emergent themes of sexuality, leisure, gender and the environment, exploring in detail the following aspects of the nineteenth century: * parliamentary and political reform * chartism, radicalism and popular protest * the Irish Question * the rise of Imperialism * the regulation of sexuality and vice * the development of organised sport and leisure * the rise of consumer society. This book is an ideal reference resource for students and teachers alike.
- Author BiographyChris Cook was Head of the Modern Archives Unit at the London School of Economics and is co-author (with John Stevenson) of The Routledge Companion to European History since 1763 and The Routledge Companion to World History since 1914. A Fellow of the Royal Historical Society he is also author of European Political Facts of the Twentieth Century and the best-selling Pears Cyclopedia. He is currently compiling British Political Archives since the Second World War.
- Author(s)Chris Cook
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication29/07/2005
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Series TitleRoutledge Companions to History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note4 black & white line drawings
- Weight556 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.