Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
About this product
- DescriptionPhilanthropy - the use of private resources for public purposes - is undergoing a transformation, both in practice and as an emerging field of study. Expectations of what philanthropy can achieve have risen significantly in recent years, reflecting a substantial, but uneven, increase in global wealth and the rolling back of state services in anticipation that philanthropy will fill the void. In addition to this, experiments with entrepreneurial and venture philanthropy are producing vel intersections of the public, n-profit and private spheres, accompanied by new kinds of partnerships and hybrid organisational forms. The Routledge Companion to Philanthropy examines these changes and other challenges that philanthropists and philanthropic organisations face. With contributions from an international team of leading contemporary thinkers on philanthropy, this Companion provides an introduction to, and critical exploration of, philanthropy; discussing current theories, research and the diverse professional practices within the field from a variety of disciplinary perspectives. The Routledge Companion to Philanthropy is a rich and valuable resource for students, researchers, practitioners and policymakers working in or interested in philanthropy.
- Author BiographyTobias Jung is Senior Lecturer, School of Management, University of St Andrews, UK. He is a founding member of the UK's Centre for Charitable Giving and Philanthropy (CGAP), and a former Governor and Trustee of the St Katharine and Shadwell Trust and London's East End Community Foundation. Susan Phillips is Professor, and from 2005-2014 served as Director, School of Public Policy and Administration, Carleton University in Ottawa, Canada. In 2013, she founded and continues as Supervisor of Canada's only graduate program in Philanthropy and Nonprofit Leadership. Jenny Harrow is Professor of Voluntary Sector Management, Cass Business School, City University London, UK. She is founding Co-Director of the Centre for Charitable Giving and Philanthropy, funded by the UK's Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC).
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication17/05/2016
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleRoutledge Companions in Business, Management and Accounting
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note11 black & white illustrations, 14 black & white tables, 11 black & white line drawings
- Weight1088 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Edited byJenny Harrow,Susan D. Phillips,Tobias Jung
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.