All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.79Trending at AU $65.19
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $105.99Trending at AU $107.61
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.04
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $110.99Trending at AU $112.12
About this product
- DescriptionReligion and popular culture is a fast-growing field that spans a variety of disciplines. This volume offers the first real survey of the field to date and provides a guide for the work of future scholars. It explores: * key issues of definition and of methodology * religious encounters with popular culture across media, material culture and space, ranging from videogames and social networks to cooking and kitsch, architecture and national monuments * representations of religious traditions in the media and popular culture, including important n-Western spheres such as Bollywood This Companion will serve as an enjoyable and informative resource for students and a stimulus to future scholarly work.
- Author BiographyJohn C. Lyden is the Liberal Arts Core Director and Professor of Liberal Arts at Grand View University, USA. He is editor of The Routledge Companion to Religion and Film (Routledge 2009). Eric Michael Mazur is Gloria and David Furman Professor of Judaic Studies and Professor of Religious Studies at Virginia Wesleyan College, USA. He is co-editor of God in the Details: American Religion in Popular Culture with Kate McCarthy (Routledge, 2nd edition 2010).
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication31/03/2015
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Series TitleRoutledge Religion Companions
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note40 black & white halftones
- Weight1202 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Edited byEric Michael Mazur,John C. Lyden
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.