Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.93
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.27
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.59
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.47
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.34
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.40
About this product
- DescriptionJust what is Einstein's Theory of Relativity? The Big Bang Theory? Curvature of Spacetime? What do astromers mean when they talk of a 'flat universe'? This approachable and authoritative guide to the cosmos answers these questions, and more. Taking advantage of the distinctive Companion format, readers can use the extensive, cross-referenced background chapters as a fascinating and accessible introduction to the current state of cosmological kwledge - or, they can use the convenient A-Z body of entries as a quick reference to a wide range of terms and concepts. Entries include topics such as: Black Hole; Doppler Effect; Fermi, Enrico; Heat Death of the Universe; Life in the Universe; Olber's Paradox; Quantum Field Theory; Superva; and much more.
- Author BiographyPeter Coles is Professor of Astrophysics at the University of Nottingham.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication24/05/2001
- SubjectAstronomy, Space & Time
- Series TitleRoutledge Companions
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight612 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byPeter Coles
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.