All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $17.80Trending at AU $22.39
- AU $43.34Trending at AU $44.65
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $37.27
- AU $25.64Trending at AU $34.27
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.66
- AU $36.24Trending at AU $40.24
About this product
- DescriptionThe Routledge Encyclopedia of Walt Whitman presents a comprehensive resource complied by over 200 internationally recognized contributors, including such leading Whitman scholars as James E. Miller, Jr., Roger Asselineau, Betsy Erkkila, and Joel Myerson. Now available for the first time in paperback, this volume comprises more than 750 entries arranged in convenient alphabetical format. Coverage includes: * biographical information: all names, dates, places, and events important to understanding Whitman's life and career * Whitman's works: essays on all eight editions of Leaves of Grass, major poems and poem clusters, principal essays and prose works, as well as his more than two dozen short stories and the vel, Franklin Evans * prominent themes and concepts: essays on such major topics as democracy, slavery, the Civil War, immortality, sexuality, and the women's rights movement. * significant forms and techniques: such as prosody, symbolism, free verse, and humour * important trends and critical approaches in Whitman studies: including new historicist and cultural criticism, psychological explorations, and controversial issues of sexual identity * surveys of Whitman's international impact as well as an assessment of his literary legacy. Useful for students, researchers, librarians, teachers, and Whitman devotees, this volume features extensive cross-references, numerous photographs of the poet, a chrology, a special appendix section tracking the poet's genealogy, and a thorough index. Each entry includes a bibliography for further study.
- Author BiographyJ. R. LeMaster is Emeritas Professor of English at Baylor University. Donald D. Kummings is Professor of English at the University of Wisconsin-Parkside.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication29/04/2011
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight1406 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Edited byDonald D. Kummings,J. R. LeMaster
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.