All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDescartes is widely regarded to be the father of modern philosophy and his Meditations is among the most important philosophical texts ever written. The Routledge Guidebook to Descartes' Meditations introduces the major themes in Descartes' great book and acts as a companion for reading this key work, examining: * The context of Descartes' work and the background to his writing * Each separate part of the text in relation to its goals, meanings and impact * The reception the book received when first seen by the world * The relevance of Descartes' work to modern philosophy, it's legacy and influence With further reading included throughout, this text follows Descartes' original work closely, making it essential reading for all students of philosophy, and all those wishing to get to grips with this classic work.
- Author BiographyGary Hatfield is Adam Seybert Professor in Moral and Intellectual Philosophy at the University of Pennsylvania.
- Author(s)Gary Hatfield
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication22/07/2014
- Series TitleThe Routledge Guides to the Great Books
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note2 black & white tables
- Weight476 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine25 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $115.99Trending at AU $139.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.00
- AU $68.62Trending at AU $90.31
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $34.88
- AU $37.70Trending at AU $38.16
- AU $17.82Trending at AU $19.81
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.