All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJohn Locke is widely ackwledged as the most important figure in the history of English philosophy and An Essay Concerning Human Understanding is his greatest intellectual work, emphasising the importance of experience for the formation of kwledge. The Routledge Guidebook to Locke's Essay Concerning Human Understanding introduces the major themes of Locke's great book and serves as a companion to this key work, examining: * The context of Locke's work and the background to his writing * Each part of the text in relation to its goals, meaning and impact * The reception of the book when it was first seen by the world * The relevance of Locke's work to philosophy today, its legacy and influence With further reading suggested throughout, this text follows Locke's original work closely, making it essential reading for all students of philosophy, and all those wishing to get to grips with this classic work.
- Author BiographyJonathan Lowe (1950-2014) was Professor of Philosophy at Durham University where he specialised in metaphysics, the philosophy of mind and early modern philosophy. He published widely on the subject of Locke's philosophy, and his other books include Locke (Routledge, 2005).
- Author(s)E. J. Lowe
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication31/01/2013
- Series TitleThe Routledge Guides to the Great Books
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note3 black & white line drawings
- Weight249 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Series Edited byAnthony Gottlieb
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.86
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.41
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $36.19Trending at AU $38.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.