All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.26
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.77
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $17.98
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
About this product
- DescriptionThis unique Atlas traces the history of Jerusalem from biblical times to the present day. Each map is illustrated by a facing page of prints or photographs, to give a complete pictorial and cartographic overview of this fascinating city of the Middle East. Coverage begins in ancient times, showing the impact of the Jews, Christians, Muslims, Romans and Crusaders on the development of this holy city. Special emphasis is placed on the last 150 years, during which Jerusalem grew from a remote and impoverished town of the Ottoman Empire to a flourishing capital city. Up-to-date maps and figures show the recent expansion of suburbs and settlements, the Wall and new urban and political developments. An extensive bibliography provides a rich source of information on further reading.
- Author BiographySir Martin Gilbert is one of the leading historians of our time. An Honorary Fellow of Merton College Oxford, he is the official biographer of Winston Churchill, and the author of eighty books, including First World War, Second World War, Israel a History, Jerusalem Rebirth of a City and Jerusalem in the Twentieth Century.
- Author(s)Martin Gilbert
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication10/03/2008
- Series TitleRoutledge Historical Atlases
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, maps, black & white plates
- Weight302 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.