All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $30.87Trending at AU $31.45
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.84Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
About this product
- DescriptionThis Reader brings together a wide range of material to present an international perspective on topical issues in history of education today. Focusing on the enduring trends in this field, this lively and informative Reader provides broad coverage of the subject and includes crucial topics such as: * higher education * informal agencies of education * schooling, the state and local government * education and social change and inequality * curriculum * teachers and pupils * education, work and the ecomy * education and national identity. With an emphasis on contemporary pieces that deal with issues relevant to the immediate real world, this book represents the research and views of some of the most respected authors in the field today. Gary McCulloch also includes a specially written introduction which provides a much-needed context to the role of history in the current educational climate. Students of history and history of education will find this Reader an important route map to further reading and understanding.
- Author BiographyGary McCulloch is Brian Simon Chair of History of Education at the Institute of Education, University of London. He is also Vice President of the History of Education Society, and Editor of the international History of Education journal, published by T&F. His current research is on the history of secondary education and on theory, methodology and biography in the history of education. He has published widely in the field, including a major works set for Routledge.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication24/03/2005
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleRoutledgeFalmer Readers in Education
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRoutledge Falmer
- Content Note12 black & white illustrations
- Weight476 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byGary McCulloch
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.