Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.69
- AU $89.19Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.73
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $30.11Trending at AU $36.25
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $14.20
About this product
- DescriptionEdition contains Part Two Evermore The journey continues through a PortalDoor and beyond anything the girls could ever imagine... In Part Two, the adventure resumes, as Heather Nighborne, her best friend Molly Pringle, and their most unusual tour guide find themselves in Autumnsloe, one of the four planet kingdoms of Evermore. But when Heather impulsively deviates from the Parade Day Schedule of Events, the lighthearted excursion soon becomes a fantastic and dangerous journey, an immersion into a land in omius transition. The Ruins of Evermore, The TimeLight Awakenings is the first in a series of vels that will take the heroine from age twelve into adulthood and from small town Earth to the exotic planets of Evermore. Over the course of this intricately woven and epic adventure, two vivid and intertwined worlds take shape, highlighted by humor and magic, and shaded with danger and tragedy. Reader's Comments: It was so gripping, tension-filled, unexpected...Also, the ending couldn't have been better...I feel rather sad though, that my sojourn in Noble and Evermore is over for the time being...it makes me want to go out and get the next book! Not predictable at all. All the characters are very real, very real. Sure do love the house, every child's fantasy. I think Heather and Molly are believable characters and compliment each other. Molly's admiration of Heather is evident, and Heather's appreciation and gratitude for Molly's acceptance of her also comes over. .. .creepy...I am assuming that it is Heather and Molly, and wondering how the heck they are going to get out of it... Loved the costumes, how do you think of this stuff? I am in the chapter where Heather and Molly go to find (censored for spoiler's sake) and all that neat stuff. Shann, our daughter, has read the whole book-while I was at work. I'm 2/3 of the way through it. Frankly, it's t my kind of book, but I want to see how it comes out!! I've never read this type of literature before. I need more. I was up until 1:30 with thing to interrupt me. So much action, who could go to sleep? .. .I was taken to ather plane...swept away with the beauty of your imagery, and the fearlessness of your imagination! We should have a time with all readers to get together and talk about the book, the clues along the way, the rooms in the house... Such an awesome heroine...Oh, I just LOVE Heather...with all her teenage lack of confidence. She is so nice and good and the world needs more like her. Not just in Evermore, but here on earth too. .. .And NERVE-WRACKING!! Will I survive this I can feel my blood pressure go up as I read! (From a fourteen year old reader): You had me hooked from the start, but w your book is like a magnet; I just can't put it down. In fact, I dare say that this is by far the best book I've read since Inkheart! Very exciting, very rich, very suspenseful...although I'm looking forward very much to the next chapters, I am also feeling a little bittersweet about this book ending. So I sat down and read like 100 pages without even thinking about it today. So much death! So much destruction! And for some reason that scene with Mistraya and Bayliss was the most brilliant! Such a creepy child...with an agenda of her own. .. .created a whole world and it's wonderful and magical and scary and delightful...I hope this story will be shared with many, many others. It is so very worthy of that. It's an excellent read!
- Author BiographyBorn in Burlingame, California, David Saccheri spent the majority of his life in the San Francisco Bay Area, where he worked as an illustrator and conceptual artist in the computer gaming and film industries. He has illustrated books and websites, and has taught digital and fine art both privately and at the college level. After moving to Arizona, David turned his creative energy towards writing and began to put into words the story that had been evolving for more than a decade: that of Heather, the Maidens, and Evermore.
- Author(s)David J Saccheri
- PublisherGolden Hour Publishing
- Date of Publication22/10/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGolden Hour Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight585 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.