All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.04
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.83
- AU $26.78Trending at AU $29.35
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $17.94
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.21
- AU $30.17Trending at AU $33.12
About this product
- DescriptionThis collection brings a transnational perspective to the study of early modern women rulers and female sovereignty, a topic that has until w been examined through the lens of a single nation. Contributors juxtapose rulers from different countries, including well-kwn sovereigns such as Isabel of Castile and Elizabeth Tudor, as well as other less widely studied figures Isabeau of Bavaria, Jeanne d'Albret, Isabel Clara Eugenia, Juana of Portugal, and Catherine of Brandenburg. Several essays also focus on the representations of foreign rulers such as Catherine de' Medici in England and Elizabeth I in France. Contributors are Tracy Adams, Anne J. Cruz, \u00c9va De\u00e1k, Mary C. Ekman, Catherine L. Howey, Elizabeth Ketner, Carole Levin, Sandra Logan, Magdalena S. S\u00e1nchez, Mihoko Suzuki, and Barbara F. Weissberger.
- Author BiographyAnne J. Cruz is the chair of foreign languages and literatures at the University of Miami. Mihoko Suzuki is the director of graduate studies in English at the University of Miami.
- PublisherUniversity of Illinois Press
- Date of Publication22/06/2009
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Place of PublicationBaltimore
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Illinois Press
- Content Note18 black and white photographs
- Weight386 g
- Width3887 mm
- Height5817 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byAnne J. Cruz,Mihoko Suzuki
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.