All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the spring of 1848, rumours began to spread that gold had been discovered in a remote spot in the Sacramento Valley. A year later, newspaper headlines declared 'Gold Fever!' as hundreds of thousands of men and women borrowed money, quit their jobs, and allowed themselves - for the first time ever - to imagine a future of ease and splendor. In THE RUSH, Edward Dolnick brilliantly recounts their treacherous westward journeys by wagon and on foot, and takes us to the frenzied gold fields and the rowdy cities that sprang from thing to jam-packed chaos. With an enthralling cast of characters and scenes of unimaginable wealth and desperate ruin, THE RUSH is a fascinating - and rollicking - account of the greatest treasure hunt the world has ever seen.
- Author BiographyEdward Dolnick is the author of The Forger's Spell, Down the Great Unknown and Edgar Award-winning The Rescue Artist. A former chief science writer at the Boston Globe, he has written for The Atlantic Monthly, the New York Times Magazine, and many other publications. There are over 130,000 copies of his books in print. He lives with his wife near Washington, D.C.
- Author(s)Edward Dolnick
- PublisherLittle, Brown & Company
- Date of Publication28/08/2014
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLittle, Brown & Company
- Out-of-print date23/12/2015
- Content Note8pp b/w photo insert
- Weight628 g
- Width157 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine35 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $26.06Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $37.10Trending at AU $43.40
- AU $29.30Trending at AU $31.81
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.39
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.