All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.15
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.64
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.68
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.42
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.63
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $89.41
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $97.42
About this product
- DescriptionThe Russian avant-garde was a composite of antagonistic groups who wished to overthrow the basic aesthetics of classical realism. Modernism was the totality of these numerous aesthetic theories which achieved a measure of coherence immediately after the First World War. This collection of essays by leading scholars examines the major figures, movements and manifestos of the period. Scholarly attention is given to literature, visual arts, cinema and theatre in an attempt to capture the complex nature of the modernist movement in Russia. This book would be especially relevant for university courses on the Russian twentieth century as well as for those looking for a comprehensive approach to the various movements and artistic expressions that constitute the Russian avant-garde.
- Author BiographyDennis Ioffe (PhD University of Amsterdam) is an Assistant Professor ( Doctor-Assistent ) at the Faculty of Arts and Philosophy, Ghent University, Belgium. He is also a research fellow at the UvA Slavic Seminarium and the Amsterdam School for Cultural Analysis (ASCA). In the previous years he served as Visiting Assistant Professor in Russian and German Studies at Memorial University (Canada) and as Teaching & Research Fellow, managing the Russian Centre at the University of Edinburgh (Scotland, the UK). Dr Ioffe has authored more than 50 scholarly articles, and edited and co-edited several academic collections.
- PublisherAcademic Studies Press
- Date of Publication15/10/2012
- SubjectThe Arts: General & Reference
- Series TitleCultural Syllabus
- Place of PublicationBrighton
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAcademic Studies Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight676 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byDennis G. Ioffe,Frederick H. White
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.