All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.33Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $70.18Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $73.74Trending at AU $76.54
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.67Trending at AU $23.05
About this product
- DescriptionThe Russian Revolution and Civil War in the years 1917 to 1921 is one of the most widely studied periods in history. It is also somewhat inevitably one that has generated a huge flow of literature in the decades that have passed since the events themselves. However, until w, historians of the revolution have had dedicated bibliography of the period and little claim to bibliographical control over the literature. The Russian Revolution and Civil War, 1917-1921: An Antated Bibliography offers for the first time a comprehensive bibliographical guide to this crucial and fascinating period of history. The bibliography focuses on the key years of 1917 to 1921, starting with the February Revolution of 1917 and concluding with the 10th Party Congress of March 1921, and covers all the key events of the intervening years. It is t limited to English-language sources and includes key works in all the major West European languages (French, German, Italian, Spanish, Dutch, Danish and others). It covers matters as thematically and geographically diverse as the resurrection of Poland, the creation of a newly independent Mongolia, the explosion of modernist creativity in the arts, and the mass emigration of Russians to Europe, Asia and America. As such it identifies these crucial years as something more than simply the creation of a communist state.
- Author BiographyJonathan D. Smele is Senior Lecturer in the Department of History at Queen Mary, University of London.
- Author(s)Jonathan D. Smele
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication15/04/2006
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleContinuum Collection Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1154 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.