CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.36Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionThe Ryder Cup is one of the world's most prestigious sporting events. Fiercely fought every two years, it uniquely pits teams from two golfing giants - Europe and the USA - against each other in a sport that is more usually associated with individual play. But this is exhibition match - thing short of glory and national pride is at stake. The best players from both sides of the Atlantic fight for a place on their respective teams and team captaincy is a major responsibility. The TV coverage and audience expectation that goes with each Ryder Cup propels the event onto the front pages of the world's press, creates unrivalled excitement for spectators and fever-pitch pressure for the world's best players. This beautifully illustrated new book tells the full story of this great tournament, from its beginnings in 1927 when Great Britain played the USA for a trophy provided by seed merchant Samuel Ryder, to the post-war dominance of the US team, to the introduction of European golfers into the GB and Ireland team in the late 1970s, to the titanic, see-saw struggles of the modern day. It looks at each of the Ryder Cups, and features the great players, pairings, captains and courses along the way. With a book for sports fans everywhere, the Ryder Cup is the definitive official history chronicling the excitement and prestige of this global sporting event.
- Author BiographyChris Hawkes is a respected sports writer and keen golfer who has specialized in sports publishing for almost 20 years. A former professional sportsman, he has co-written The Complete Encyclopedia of Golf as well as a number of other books in conjunction with prestigious sports brands such as the International Rugby Board. He has also worked as a sports analyst on radio and television in the UK. He lives in London.
- Author(s)Chris Hawkes,Nick Callow
- PublisherCarlton Books Ltd
- Date of Publication02/08/2012
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCarlton Books Ltd
- Content Note200 colour & black & white photographs
- Width236 mm
- Height286 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsFlexible plastic/vinyl cover,With printed dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.