All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA rare look inside the Sonderkommando Dirlewanger, the SS anti-partisan unit torious for atrocities in Poland and Russia during World War II. These memoirs were written by a former member of the unit from its formation in 1940 to the end of the war and took part in nearly all its operations. A first hand account of the brutal and barbaric methods used by Dirlewanger against partisans methods that appalled even some SS commanders are revealed here in this memoir. SS-Sonderkommando Dirlewanger was originally manned by convicted poachers, however as the war progressed replacements were found by emptying prisons and filling the ranks with more hardened criminals. Here are the chilling recollections of a soldier in the SS-Sonderkommando Dirlewanger during the Polish and Russian campaigns, the 1944 Warsaw uprising and the final battles near Berlin.
- Author BiographyRolf Michaelis specializes in books on the Waffen-SS and has written over thirty to date, with many available in English from Schiffer Books. He lives in Berlin.
- Author(s)Rolf Michaelis
- PublisherSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication28/10/2013
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationAtglen, PA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Content Note44 b/w photos
- Weight434 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $30.21Trending at AU $34.60
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.13Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.42
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.