All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'A man's eye is accommodative, like his heart.' Samuel Browne's wife has left him suddenly after three years of marriage. She invites him to 'go and live a better life without me'. He must start again, and alone. And so it is that Sam finds himself deep in the English countryside in a cold but characterful old house, remote and encircled by hills, in the employment and company of an older, wiser man, a man as fond of mystery as he is of enlightenment. What is the purpose of the seemingly hopeless task set for Sam in the house's ancient library? What is the secret of the unused room? And where does a life lose its way or gain its meaning? The combe is home to a truth born of fraud, a building made of light, and a family wrecked by recklessness: loss and love reverberate around the house and around the vel, providing pleasure, pain and purpose. Combe Hall is a house designed to hour and to enthral. And this very fine debut vel does exactly the same.
- Author BiographyThomas Maloney was born in Kent in 1979, grew up in London, and studied physics at university. He is a competent but unexceptional mountaineer and an astigmatic birdwatcher. He lives in Oxfordshire with his wife, daughter, and kayak.
- Author(s)Thomas Maloney
- PublisherScribe Publications
- Date of Publication12/05/2016
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationCarlton North
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintScribe Publications
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.60
- AU $92.81Trending at AU $103.88
- AU $67.16Trending at AU $74.80
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.70
- AU $41.00Trending at AU $43.56
- AU $19.73Trending at AU $22.74
- AU $27.95Trending at AU $29.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.