Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.34Trending at AU $49.62
- AU $73.85Trending at AU $76.83
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.10
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $39.18
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.70
- AU $17.65Trending at AU $21.74
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $38.98
About this product
- DescriptionThe Sacred Desert is a reflection on the role of the desert in theology, history, literature, art and film. * An original reflection on the role of the desert in theology, history, literature, art and film. * Discusses figures as diverse as Jesus, the early Christian Desert Fathers, T.E. Lawrence, T.S. Eliot, Georgia O'Keeffe, Wim Wenders and Jim Crace. * Makes connections across millennia of desert literature. * Deepens the reader's understanding of the desert as a real place, as an interior space, and as a textual site, * Concludes with comments on the recent conflicts in Iraq. * Written in a readable and engaging style.
- Author BiographyDavid Jasper is Professor of Literature and Theology at the University of Glasgow, and was the founding editor of the journal, Literature and Theology. He is the author of The Sacred and Secular Canon in Romanticism (1999) and co--editor of The Bible and Literature: A Reader (edited with Stephen Prickett, Blackwell Publishing, 1999) and Religion and Literature: A Reader (edited with Robert Detweiler, 2000).
- Author(s)David Jasper
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication21/05/2004
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishing Ltd
- Content Note0
- Weight496 g
- Width166 mm
- Height243 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.