All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $27.80Trending at AU $30.75
- AU $21.76Trending at AU $26.80
- AU $29.31Trending at AU $31.85
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.91
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.68
- AU $26.39Trending at AU $26.97
About this product
- DescriptionThe Egyptian Book of the Dead, and other papyri and paintings, have long held a fascination for modern people but are easily dismissed as superstitions and fanciful poetry. In recent times, however, serious interest in them has reawakened. What is their origin and could they still hold wisdom for us today? Frank Teichmann has researched Egyptian civilisation for over forty years and in this beautiful, highly illustrated book he shows that a deep understanding of the sacred mysteries of Egypt is key to illuminating the texts and images of the time. Egyptian mystery centres were places of spiritual initiation where trainees had powerful, direct contact with spiritual beings. It was then their task to bring their new-found kwledge to the wider population, through the use of texts like the Book of the Dead. The sacred mysteries that the trainees experienced are also borne out by the spiritual research of Rudolf Steiner. Teichmann explores the mysteries in compelling detail, to show their enduring significance in the present day.
- Author BiographyFrank Teichmann (1937-2006) trained as an aircraft designer, but then studied Egyptology and classical archeology. He was leader of the anthroposophical training course in Stuttgart.
- Author(s)Frank Teichmann
- PublisherFloris Books
- Date of Publication19/05/2016
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFloris Books
- Content Note200 colour photographs
- Weight1275 g
- Width208 mm
- Height240 mm
- Translated byGideon Dreyer
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.