Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is an interdisciplinary study of Romanticism which focuses on the reception of the Biblical can in poetry, art and theory. The Bible is ackwledged as the heart of European culture, but as its status as the sacred text of Judaism and Christianity becomes questionable, it remains at the turning-point between sacred and secular art in the modern world. The insights of Romanticism are crucial for our understanding of postmodernism as a fundamentally religious movement which ackwledges both the death and rebirth of religious language.
- Author BiographyDAVID JASPER is a Reader in Literature and Theology in the University of Glasgow. He holds degrees in English Literature and Theology from the Universities of Cambridge, Oxford and Durham. The founding Director of the Centre for the Study of Literature, Theology and the Arts, he is Editor of the Macmillan series Studies in Religion and Literature. The author of five earlier books, he has lectured widely in Europe, North America, South Africa and Australia. He is at present Vice Dean of Divinity at the University of Glasgow.
- Author(s)David Jasper
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication09/12/1998
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleRomanticism in Perspective: Texts, Cultures, Histories
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight370 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.