Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.21
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.39
About this product
- DescriptionThe recent ecomy have many thankful for being employed, and for being able to provide for themselves and their family. Few would give up their job to go to work for a presidential contender when the end result is uncertain, and the candidate is relatively unkwn. Now, from the founder of Politics Is Power, comes The Sacrifice. Spend a year in the life of Douglas Wilson's incredible journey of working on the campaign to elect President Barack Obama. This book explores the untold stories of the iconic field team on the most historic presidential bids in recent history. Go behind the scenes of the 2007 South Carolina Democratic primary, and discover what it takes to create a successful grassroots campaign. Learn from Douglas Wilson as he shares an account of the challenges and victories of the campaign ---- from house meetings to intense organizational meetings and the role of race relations and church leaders in a campaign. You'll also discover what mistakes to avoid when entering into a career in politics. It's an eye-opening account of what it took to elect one of the most inspirational American politicians in history. It's also an eye-opening account of what it takes to create a name for yourself when you are new to the world of politics. If you are considering a career in politics, or just wonder what really goes on behind the scenes of an election, this book is a must read!
- Author BiographyDouglas A Wilson is the founder of Politics is Power. Dedicated to changing the world through empowering others, Mr. Wilson has been involved in community outreach for the past 12 years. He has worked with various organizations as a youth advocate. As a public speaker, he has presented at a variety of venues. He can be relied upon to deliver informative yet substantive political commentary on topics such as Hip-Hop and Politics, civic engagement, the role of youth and minorities in politics at local, state and national levels, and the role of the African American Church in politics. As a consultant, Douglas has worked for many local and statewide campaigns. He played a role in President Barack Obama's campaign by serving as a Regional Field Director in the South Carolina Democratic Primary and as the State Director of Constituency Outreach in South Carolina during the 2008 Presidential General Election. He is currently the Political Director for the North Carolina Democratic Party. He was appointed by Mayor Anthony Foxx of Charlotte to serve on the Charlotte Relations Committee. He received a Bachelors of Science in Physiology from the University of South Carolina-Columbia in 2001 and his Masters in Health Administration from Pfeiffer University-Charlotte in 2005. He is currently enrolled at the University of North Carolina-Charlotte where he is pursing a graduate certificate in Healthcare Information Technology. His posts covers politics in North Carolina, South Carolina and DC as well as policy. He resides in Charlotte, NC.
- Author(s)Douglas Wilson
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication05/05/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight95 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.