All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.76
- AU $15.64Trending at AU $18.73
- AU $24.98Trending at AU $25.11
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.59
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.82
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $46.93
- AU $24.80Trending at AU $28.01
About this product
- DescriptionThe SAGE Guide to Educational Leadership and Management allows readers to gain kwledge of educational management in practice while providing insights into challenges facing educational leaders and the strategies, skills, and techniques needed to enhance administrative performance. This Guide emphasizes the important skills that effective leaders must develop and refine, including communication, developing teams, coaching and motivating, and managing time and priorities. While being brief, simply written, and a highly practical overview for individuals who are new to this field, this reference Guide will combine practice and research, indicate current issues and directions, and choices that need to be made. Key features include: *30 brief, signed chapters are organized in 10 thematic parts in one volume available in a choice of electronic or print formats designed to enable quick access to basic information. *Selective boxes enrich and support the narrative chapters with case examples of effective leadership in action. *Chapters conclude with bibliographic endtes and references to further readings to guide students to more in-depth presentations in other published sources. *Back matter includes an antated listing of organizations, associations, and journals focused on educational leadership and administration and a detailed index. This reference Guide will serve as a vital source of kwledge to any students pursuing an education degree as well as for individuals interested in the subject matter that do t have a strong foundation of the topic.
- Author BiographyFenwick W. English (Ph.D.) is the R. Wendell Eaves Senior Distinguished Professor of Educational Leadership in the School of Education at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, a position he has held since 2001. As a scholar/practitioner he has held positions as a school principal and superintendent of schools in California and New York and as a department chair, dean, and vice-chancellor of academic affairs at universities in Ohio and Indiana. He is the former President of the University Council of Educational Administration (UCEA) and of the National Council of Professors of Educational Administration (NCPEA). His research has been reported in national and international academic forums. He edited the 2006 SAGE Encyclopedia of Educational Leadership and Administration, the 2009 SAGE Library of Educational Thought and Practice: Educational Leadership and Administration; and the 2011 SAGE Handbook of Educational Leadership (2nd Ed.). In 2013, he received the Living Legend Award from NCPEA for his lifetime contribution to the field of educational leadership.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication21/04/2015
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1805 g
- Width215 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine40 mm
- Edited byFenwick W. English
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.