Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $16.66Trending at AU $30.84
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $32.98Trending at AU $39.85
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
About this product
- DescriptionThe SAGE Handbook of Communication and Instruction functions as a comprehensive resource for scholars, graduate students, and general readers interested in the intersections of communication and instruction, irrespective of paradigm, method, or disciplinary background. Each chapter selection in the Handbook roots contemporary work in disciplinary foundations and identifies avenues for future inquiry. Features & Benefits: - Compiles original research and reviews of research in the intersections of communication and instruction from key figures in the disciplines, t only helping readers see present and future trajectories in this area of inquiry in foundational lines of research but also providing a sense of how this area has grown along a series of different theoretical and methodological approaches - Helps readers identify avenues for research, in consultation with both key figures and invators in this area of inquiry - Serves as the primary contemporary and multi-paradigmatic guide to the study of the intersections of communication and instruction, recognizing all paradigmatic approaches and methods as meaningful The Handbook will t only strengthen readers' interest in and comfort with different paradigmatic approaches to communication and instruction, but also make possible a generation of well-rounded, comprehensive, and effective researchers, capable of reading a broad array of work from a variety of approaches.
- Author BiographyDeanna L. Fassett is Department Chair and professor of communication pedagogy at San Jose State University where she has, since 2002, mentored her department's graduate student instructors. She is the author and editor of three other books: Coordinating the Communication Course: A Guidebook, Critical Communication Pedagogy, The SAGE Handbook of Communication and Instruction, and Communication: A Critical/Cultural Introduction, Second Edition. Her published research has appeared in a broad array of communication studies journals, including Basic Communication Course Annual, Communication Education, Liminalities: A Journal of Performance Studies, and Text and Performance Quarterly. John T. Warren (Late) was professor of Speech Communication at Southern Illinois University, Carbondale. His major research and teaching centered in Communication Pedagogy, Performance Studies, and Communication and Critical/Cultural Studies. He was the author of numerous books including Performing Purity: Whiteness, Pedagogy and the Reconstitution of Power; Casting Gender: Women and Performance in Intercultural Contexts; Critical Communication Pedagogy; and the SAGE Handbook of Communication and Instruction. He also authored articles for several education and communication studies journals, including Educational Theory, Communication Education, and Text and Performance Quarterly.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication18/05/2010
- SubjectCommunication & Media
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content Noteblack & white tables, figures
- Weight998 g
- Width177 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byDeanna L. Fassett,John T. Warren
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.