The Sage Handbook of Conflict Resolution by SAGE Publications Ltd (Hardback, 2008)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $263.28+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $233.94+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'The SAGE Handbook of Conflict Resolution demonstrates the range of themes that constitute modern conflict resolution. It brings out its key issues, methods and dilemmas through original contributions by leading scholars in a dynamic and expanding field of inquiry. This handbook is exactly what it sets out to be: an indispensable tool for teaching, research and practice in conflict resolution' - Peter Wallensteen, Professor of Peace and Conflict Research, Uppsala University and University of Notre Dame 'Bercovitch, Kremenyuk and Zartman are among the most important figures in the conflict resolution field. They have pieced together, with the help of more than 35 colleagues from numerous countries, a state-of-the-art review of the sources of international conflict, available methods of conflict management, and the most difficult challenges facing the individuals and organizations trying to guide us through these conflict-ridden times. The collection is brimming with penetrating insights, trenchant analyses, compelling cases, and disciplined speculation. They help us understand both the promise of as well as the obstacles to theory-building in the new field of conflict resolution' - Lawrence Susskind, Professor and Director of the MIT - Harvard Public Disputes Program 'The last three sentences of this persuasive book: We conclude this volume more than ever convinced that conflict resolution is t just possible or desirable in the current international environment. It is absolutely necessary. Resolving conflicts and making peace is longer an option; it is an intellectual and practical skill that we must all posses. If you are part of that we, intellectually or professionally, you will find this book a superb companion' - Thomas C Schelling, Professor Emeritus, Harvard University and University of Maryland Conflict resolution is one of the fastest-growing academic fields in the world today. Although it is a relatively young discipline, having emerged as a specialized field in the 1950's, it has rapidly grown into a self-contained, vibrant, interdisciplinary field. The SAGE Handbook of Conflict Resolution brings together all the conceptual, methodological and substantive elements of conflict resolution into one volume of over 35 specially commissioned chapters. The Handbook is designed to reflect where the field is today by drawing on the contributions of experts from different fields presenting, in a systematic way, the most recent research and practice. Jacob Bercovitch is Professor of International Relations, and Fellow of the Royal Society, at the University of Canterbury in Christchurch, New Zealand. Victor Kremenyuk is deputy director of the Institute for USA and Canada Studies, Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow. He is also a research associate at IIASA. I. William Zartman is Jacob Blaustein Professor of Conflict Resolution and International Organization at the Nitze School of Advanced International Studies of Johns Hopkins University
- Author BiographyJacob Bercovitch is professor of international relations and Head of the School of Politics at the University of Canterbury in Christchurch, New Zealand. He was a senior fellow at the U.S. Institute of Peace in 2001-2002 and is widely regarded as one of the leading scholars in the field of international conflict management.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication18/11/2008
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1383 g
- Width184 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine43 mm
- Edited byI. William Zartman,Jacob Bercovitch,Victor Kremenyuk
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.19
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.99
- AU $6.83Trending at AU $10.45
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.54
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.48
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.72
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.