All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.87
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
About this product
- DescriptionA comprehensive examination of family communication theory and research. Leading scholars expand the definition of family, address recent shifts in culture, and cover important new topics, including families in crisis, families and governmental policies,social media, and extended families.
- Author BiographyLynn H. Turner (Ph.D., Northwestern University) is Professor of Communication Studies in the College of Communication at Marquette University. Her research areas of interest include interpersonal, gendered, and family communication. She is the co-author or co-editor of over 10 books as well as several articles and book chapters (many with Rich West). Lynn has served in a number of different positions: Director of Graduate Studies for the College of Communication at Marquette University; President of the Organization for the Study of Communication, Language, and Gender (OSCLG), President of Central States Communication Association (CSCA), and Chair of the Family Communication Division for the National Communication Association. In her free time, Lynn delights in babysitting for her grandchildren. Richard West (Ph.D., Ohio University, 1991) is Professor of Communication Studies at Emerson College. He received his BA and MA in Communication at Illinois State University. Rich is the co-author (with Lynn Turner) of several leading books in communication (Perspectives on Family Communication/4th ed; Interpersonal Communication/2nd ed; IPC/1st ed; Introducing Communication Theory/5th ed; Gender and Communication/3rd ed;) and served as co-editor of the Sage Sourcebook of Family Communication. He is the author/co-author of over 40 articles and essays and he has participated in over 100 NCA programs. Rich's work has appeared in Communication Quarterly, Communication Education, Qualitative Research Reports in Communication, Communication Reports, Journal of Family Communication, among others. He has served as Guest Co-Editor of the Journal of Family Communication twice and has been a member of nearly 10 journal editorial boards in communication. Rich's work intersects family, identity, and culture. Yet, he admits to being somewhat of a 'scholarly nomad,' exploring a number of different topics, including gay parenting, holiday stress, student questions in the classroom, job burnout, among other areas. Rich is the recipient of several recognitions, including Outstanding Alumni in Communication awards from both Illinois State University and Ohio University. ISU has also recognized him as a Distinguished Alum in Forensics and as an Outstanding Alum in Teacher Education. He has also been recognized as an ECA Research Fellow and was the recipient of ECA's Past President's Award. In 2012, the Communication Institute for Online Scholarship named him a Leading Scholar in Communication Education. He has served as President of the Eastern Communication (2008) and the National Communication Association (2012).
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication17/04/2014
- SubjectCommunication & Media
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight953 g
- Width177 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byLynn H. Turner,Richard L. West
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.