All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.06
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $23.77
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.22
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.12
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.23
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $34.76
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.93
About this product
- DescriptionTen years ago, critical theory and postmodernism were considered new and emerging theories in business and management. What will be the next new important theories to shape the field? In one edited volume, Daved Barry and Hans Hansen have commissioned new chapters that will allow readers to stay one step ahead of the latest thinking. Contributors draw on research and practice to introduce ideas that are considered 'fringe' and controversial today, but may be key theoretical contributions tomorrow. Each chapter sets these ideas in their historical context, lays out the key theoretical positions taken by each new approach and makes it clear why these approaches are different to more mainstream concepts. Throughout, contributors refer to existing studies that show how these developing themes will change the business and management arena. Researchers, teachers and advanced students who are interested in the future of Business and Management scholarship will want to read this Handbook.
- Author BiographyDaved Barry is Professor of Creative Organization Studies in the Department of Management, Politics and Philosophy at the Copenhagen Business School, and Adjunct Professor at Nova SBE (Universidade Nova de Lisboa School of Business and Economics). Earlier he studied painting, chemistry, music, and cooking, eventually going on to complete a BA (hons) in Psychology and a PhD in Strategic Management and Organizational Psychology at the University of Maryland. In 1986 he moved to Syracuse University, NY, where he taught strategic management, and then to New Zealand where he held the Victoria University Chair in Creative Organization Studies. From there he assumed the Banco BPI Chair in Creative Organization Studies in Lisbon, and eventually moved to CBS in 2010. His work focuses on how design and the arts can improve organizing, problem solving, innovation, managing, and leadership. Some of his accomplishments include the co-founding of AACORN (Arts, Aesthetics, Creativity, and Organization Research Network), and LAICS (www.laics.net), a graduate program in innovation and leadership. In 2007 he was awarded the Career Achievement Award for Innovative Scholarship, from the Imagination Lab Foundation and the European Academy of Management, and in 2008 published The Sage Handbook of New Approaches to Management and Organization, a compendium of contemporary management thinking.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication30/04/2008
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1297 g
- Width184 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine41 mm
- Edited byDaved Barry,Hans Hansen
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.