Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $198.85Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by books2anywhereuk
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $107.93+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'This volume is everything one would want from a one-volume handbook...Comprehensive in scope, authoritative, clearly written, and detailed...The volume is edited by two of the most prominent social psychologists in their own right, and the list of contributors is a veritable who's who of the discipline. No Library should be without this book' - Choice This is a comprehensive, scholarly, and up-to-date survey of the field of social psychology for the new millennium - a single 656 page Handbook containing 23 chapters by leading researchers from around the world. It is a state-of-the-art text with an eye to the future, in which rich integrative chapters are thorough analytic reviews. The chapters fall into five sections that reflect the scope of social psychology as a global scientific endeavour: history and nature of social psychology; individual processes, interpersonal processes; processes within groups, and intergroup processes and society. The book is edited by Michael A Hogg and Joel Cooper, with Dominic Abrams, Elliot Aronson and Shelley Taylor acting as advisory editors. The main features and benefits of this book include: single volume; international coverage of social psychology; international line-up of authors; basic and applied research are integrated within chapters, t exiled to the end of the book; traditional emphasis on individual and interpersonal processes is balanced with full emphasis on the study of group processes and intergroup relations; chapters on language and social psychology, culture and self.
- Author BiographyMichael Hogg is Professor of Social Psychology at Claremont Graduate University. He is also an Honorary Professor of Psychology at the University of Kent and the University of Queensland. His research focuses on social identity processes within and between large and small groups, and he has published widely on topics including intergroup relations, group cohesion, leadership, group motivations, and conformity processes. Professor Hogg is co-editor of the journal Group Processes and Intergroup Relations, an associate editor of the Journal of Experimental Social Psychology, and Senior Consulting Editor for the SAGE Social Psychology Program. He is a fellow of the Society for Personality and Social Psychology, the Society for the Psychological Study of Social Issues, the Western Psychological Association, and the Academy of the Social Sciences in Australia. Michael Hogg' home page: Joel Cooper received his B.A. from the City College of New York in 1965 and a Ph.D. from Duke University in 1969. He joined the psychology department faculty at Princeton University in 1969, attaining the rank of full professor in 1978. Professor Cooper's major research focus is on attitudes and attitude change, particularly as they relate to the process of cognitive dissonance. His recent work examines vicarious experiences of dissonance (i.e., feeling dissonance due to the inconsistent behavior of others) and the role of the self in dissonance arousal. Two other areas of active interest are (1) the effect of expert testimony in courts of law, and (2) gender differences in the effectiveness of information technology, particularly among school children.
- PrizesWinner of Choice Magazine Outstanding Reference/Academic Book Award 2003.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication18/08/2003
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Weight1129 g
- Width184 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine35 mm
- Edited byJoel M. Cooper,Michael A. Hogg
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $26.07Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $21.95Trending at AU $26.77
- AU $29.30Trending at AU $31.81
- AU $70.85Trending at AU $79.83
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.67
- AU $23.78Trending at AU $26.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.