All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.47
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.98
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.28
About this product
- DescriptionDuring the course of the English Reformation the Church of England revised the liturgy of the church. Matins, Lauds, and Prime were compressed into the office of Morning Prayer while Vespers and Compline were compressed into Evening Prayer, while Terce, Sext, and None were eliminated. Liturgical revision has restored some offices; in addition, numerous breviaries have been created. However, many of these breviaries serve only to restore the offices in their ancient complexity, rather than in the theological spirit of Archbishop Cranmer while many modern prayer books have diverged from classical Prayer Book Anglicanism. This work is a response to these issues, the continued complexity of Anglican breviaries in the modern context and their theological discontinuity with the original task of liturgical revision. It is to these ends, simplicity and theological conformity to the original Prayer Book tradition, that this simplified Anglican breviary has been compiled.
- Date of Publication12/07/2015
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Place of PublicationMorrisville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight340 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.