All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBased on twenty-seven years of original archival research, including the discovery of previously unkwn documents, this day-by-day narrative of the hysteria that swept through Salem Village in 1692 and 1693 reveals new connections behind the events, and shows how rapidly a community can descend into bloodthirsty madness. Roach opens her work with chapters on the history of the Puritan colonies of New England, and explains how these people regarded the metaphysical and the supernatural. The account of the days from January 1692 to March 1693 keeps in order the large cast of characters, places events in their correct contexts, and occasionally contradicts earlier assumptions about the gruesome events. The last chapter discusses the remarkable impact of the events, pointing out how the 300th anniversary of the trials made headlines in Japan and Australia.
- Author BiographyMarilynne K. Roach, author and illustrator of In the Days of the Salem Witchcraft Trials and former contributor to the Boston Globe, lives in Watertown, Massachusetts, near Boston.
- Author(s)Marilynne K. Roach
- PublisherTaylor Trade Publishing
- Date of Publication22/07/2004
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Place of PublicationLanham
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTaylor Trade Publishing
- Content Note35 b/w illustrations
- Weight971 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.82Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.93
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.