Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $31.45Trending at AU $32.36
- AU $56.25Trending at AU $57.50
- AU $161.21Trending at AU $168.88
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $74.33
- AU $68.01Trending at AU $77.11
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $12.87Trending at AU $16.86
About this product
- Description<b>An enthralling literary mystery that connects some of the world s most famous authors from Norman Mailer and Truman Capote to B. Traven and J. D. Salinger</b><b>to a sinister collector in Chicago</b> Adam Langer, the narrator of this deft and wide-ranging vel by the author of the same name, tells the intertwining tales of two writers navigating a plot neither one of them could have ever imagined. There may be other escape than to write their way out of it. Adam is a writer and stay-at-home dad in Bloomington, Indiana, drawn into an uneasy friendship with the charismatic and bestselling thriller author Conner Joyce. Conner is having trouble writing his next book, and when a menacing stranger approaches him with an odd and lucrative proposal, events quickly begin to spiral out of control. A vel of literary crimes and misdemears, <i>The Salinger Contract</i> will delight anyone who loves a fast-paced story told with humor, wit, and intrigue.
- Author BiographyBorn and raised in Chicago, Adam Langer is the author of the novels <i>Crossing California</i>, <i>The Washington Story</i>, <i>Ellington Boulevard</i>, and <i>The Thieves of Manhattan</i>, and the memoir <i>My Father s Bonus March</i>. His has written about books and authors for such publications as the <i>Chicago Tribune</i>, the <i>Los Angeles Times</i>, the <i>New York Times</i>, the <i>Huffington Post</i>, the <i>San Francisco Chronicle</i>, and the <i>Washington Post</i>, among others. He has been a frequent radio and TV guest, including appearances on CNN, Fox, and NPR s <i>Morning Edition</i> and <i>All Things Considered</i>. The Chicago Public Library recently purchased a significant collection of his papers. He is the former senior editor of <i>Book Magazine</i> and currently serves as the arts and culture editor of the <i>Jewish Daily Forward</i>. Langer lives in New York City with his wife, Beate; his daughters, Nora and Solveig; and their dog, Kazoo.
- Author(s)Adam Langer
- PublisherOpen Road Media
- Date of Publication21/01/2014
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOpen Road Media
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight503 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.