The Salmon Recipes: Stories of Our Endangered North Coast Cuisine by New Society Publishers (Paperback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $32.08+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $29.92Trending at AU $37.62
- AU $27.33Trending at AU $30.53
- AU $34.50Trending at AU $45.13
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.24
- AU $33.74Trending at AU $34.32
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $14.31
- AU $21.88Trending at AU $32.63
About this product
- DescriptionFrom time immemorial, wild salmon have urished the people of the Pacific Northwest, forming an integral part of the region's distinctive heritage and culture. The Salmon Recipes invites you to a sumptuous, visual feast drawn from the culinary practices and rich experience of the people of the North Coast, woven into a stunning full-color photographic essay. Mouthwatering recipes showcasing both time-hored and modern artisanal food skills share the page with an eclectic tapestry of captivating voices featuring such luminaries as Susan Musgrave and Robert Davidson. Ranging from rare, traditional salmon preparation techniques to avant-garde, subtly flavored seafood experiments, the recipes in this collection include:* Cedar Planked Salmon Topped with Dungeness Crab* Baked White Fish with Pine Nut, Parmesan, and Basil Pesto Crust* Steamed Salmon with Huckleberries* Pan Seared Honey Glazed Salmon with Browned Butter Lime Sauce Just as the salmon returns year after year to renew the North Coast and its people, you will return time and time again to sample the pages of this beautiful book with its unique insights into the area's culture, wildlife, and rich ecosystems. Profits from The Salmon Recipes will go towards ensuring that British Columbia's coastal waters remain tanker free. Luanne Roth is a longtime North Coast resident, commercial fisher, and marine director of Prince Rupert Environmental Society and their Save our Skeena Salmon campaigns. She has a passion for high-quality seafood and the small-scale fishing culture that produces it.
- Author BiographyLuanne Roth is a longtime north coast resident, commercial fisherman and Marine Director of Prince Rupert Environmental Society and their Save our Skeena Salmon campaigns. She has served as board member of Friends of Wild Salmon and Skeena Watershed Intitiative and as CEO of Greenpeace Canada. She has a passion for high quality seafood and the smallscale fishing culture that produces it. Ken McCormick is an art director and illustrator with a 20-year commercial studio practice serving the natural food industry and the environmental community. His illustration work is found in private collections in Europe, Asia and North America. Mike Ambach is drawn to photographing places that evoke a strong sense of identity and character, or suggest evidence of human use and history. He is curious about the relationship between humans and nature, and all the fascinating stories that mediate that relationship.
- PublisherNew Society Publishers
- Date of Publication26/09/2013
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationGabriola Island
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintPrince Rupert Environmental Society
- Content NoteColor photos throughout
- Weight385 g
- Width241 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Edited byLuanne Roth
- Photographs byMichael Ambach
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.