The Salvation to the Ends of the Earth: The Age of Wilberforce, More, Chalmers and Finney by Dr Andreas J Kostenberger (Paperback / softback, 2001)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $62.95+ AU $29.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $64.94+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionFew biblical topics are as important as mission. Mission is linked inextricably to humanity's sinfulness and need for redemption, and to God's provision of salvation in the person and work of Jesus Christ. This good news of salvation must be made kwn! The saving mission of Jesus constitutes the foundation for Christian mission, and the Christian gospel is its message. According to Andreas Kostenberger and Peter O'Brien, this significant theme has rarely been given its due attention in biblical theology. Motivated by their passion to see God's mission carried out in today's world, they offer a comprehensive study of the theme of mission. InSalvation to the Ends of the Earth they explore the entire sweep of biblical history, including the Old Testament, the second-temple period, each New Testament Gospel, Paul and his writings, and the General Epistles and Revelation. Among other questions, Kostenberger and O'Brien examine whether or t Old Testament Israel was called to mission, whether second-temple Judaism should be characterized as a missionary religion, whether Jesus limited his earthly mission to Israel or also embarked on a Gentile mission, and whether or t there is continuity between the missions of Israel and the missions of Jesus and the early church. They write, It is our sincere hope that our Christian mission, which is first of all God's, will be founded on a biblical theology that takes its cue from the scriptural revelation as a whole. To that end, they offer this New Studies in Biblical Theology volume as a service to the worldwide church. Addressing key issues in biblical theology, the works comprising New Studies in Biblical Theology are creative attempts to help Christians better understand their Bibles. The NSBT series is edited by D. A. Carson, aiming to simultaneously instruct and to edify, to interact with current scholarship and to point the way ahead.
- Author(s)Dr Andreas J Kostenberger
- PublisherInterVarsity Press
- Date of Publication01/02/2001
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Series TitleNew Studies in Biblical Theology
- Series Part/Volume Number11
- Place of PublicationIllinois
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintInter-Varsity Press,US
- Weight445 g
- Width139 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.