Save on Fiction Books
- AU $52.63Trending at AU $53.55
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.69
- AU $89.19Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $24.72
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $30.11Trending at AU $36.25
About this product
- DescriptionIt is 1947, and Evie and Martin Mitchell have just arrived in the Indian village of Masoorla with their five-year-old son. But cracks soon appear in their marriage as Evie struggles to adapt to her new life, and Martin fails to bury unbearable wartime memories. When Evie finds a collection of letters, concealed deep in the brickwork of their rented bungalow, so begins an investigation that consumes her, allowing her to escape to ather world, a hundred years earlier, and to the extraordinary friendship of two very different young women. And as Evie's fascination with her Victorian discoveries deepens, she unearths powerful secrets. But at what cost to her present, already fragile existence?
- Author BiographyElle Newmark lives in the hills north of San Diego, California. Her sensational debut was The Book of Unholy Mischief. This is her second novel.
- Author(s)Elle Newmark
- PublisherTransworld Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication17/02/2011
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Out-of-print date11/08/2014
- Weight539 g
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.