Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.16
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $32.98Trending at AU $40.00
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
About this product
- DescriptionIs food your enemy and your best friend? Do you ever wonder what your endless struggle with weight and appearance is really all about? It's the soul, t the body, that's starving... Discover the underlying causes of food and weight issues, create a healthy relationship with food and your body, and urish your starving soul. SHOSHANA KOBRIN has helped countless women cut the cords of their struggle with food and weight. The Satisfied Soul is vividly illustrated by characters based on poignant stories of women in her psychotherapy practice, and her own long history of bulimia. You'll be encouraged by these courageous women who conquered obsessive dieting, bingeing, compulsive overeating, overweight, obesity, bulimia, and arexia. The Satisfied Soul goes beyond dead-end diet plans with practical tools and a stirring, inspirational approach. Most approaches to overweight, body image concerns, and eating disorders follow the medical model - dieting, attempts to correct negative thought patterns, and strictly monitoring eating habits. That model addresses only symptoms, t fundamental causes. The Satisfied Soul offers you a new direction: exploring the emotional and spiritual state lying beneath your troubled relationship with food. This involves repairing the inner emptiness and learning to connect deeply with your needs and desires, with others, and with the world we live in. You'll learn strategies to change your thoughts, feelings, and behavior about food and your weight. Understanding the deeper layers of your struggle, you'll be more accepting of yourself and your body. This means eventually losing weight, if you need to, but more important, releasing your preoccupation with food. Let The Satisfied Soul guide you through the passages of change and growth to manifest your gift of transformation. Move from the Dark Spiral of despair about food and weight to the Land of Possibility where each day is a treasure!
- Author(s)Shoshana Kobrin MA LMFT
- Date of Publication23/01/2012
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Place of PublicationBloomington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight493 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsWith printed dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.