All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
About this product
- DescriptionFor fifteen years, The Savage Garden has been the number one bestselling bible for those interested in growing carnivorous plants. This new edition is fully revised to include the latest developments and discoveries in the carnivorous plant world, making it the most accurate and up to date book of its kind. You may be familiar with the Venus flytrap, but did you kw that some pitcher plants can and do digest an entire rat? Or that there are several hundredspecies of carnivorous plants on our planet? Beautiful, unusual, and surprisingly easy to grow, flesh-eating plants thrive everywhere from windowsills to outdoor container gardens, in a wide variety of climates. The Savage Garden is the most comprehensive guide to these fascinating oddities, gloriously illustrated with more than 200 color photos. Fully revised with the latest developments in the carnivorous plant world, this new edition includes: All the basics from watering and feeding to modern advances in artificial lighting, soil, and fertilizers. Detailed descriptions of hundreds of plants, including many of the incredible new species that have been recently discovered and hybridized. Cultivation and propagation information for all the plant families: pitcher plants, Venus flytraps, sundews, rainbow plants, bladderworts, and many other peculiar plants from the demented mind of Mother Nature.Whether you re a beginner with your first flytrap or an expert looking for the latest exotic specimen, this classic book has everything you need to grow your very own little garden of horrors.
- Author BiographyPETER D AMATO has been growing carnivorous plants for nearly forty years and his nursery, California Carnivores (CaliforniaCarnivores.com), houses the world s largest collection of carnivorous plants. D Amato is cofounder of the Bay Area Carnivorous Plant Society and he lectures on the subject nationwide.
- Author(s)Peter D'Amato
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication24/07/2013
- Place of PublicationBerkeley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTen Speed Press
- Content Note200+ Colour Photos
- Weight889 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edition Statement2nd edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.94
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.09
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.44
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.