All listings for this product
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $22.33Trending at AU $24.52
- AU $10.56Trending at AU $12.60
- AU $40.99Trending at AU $51.68
- AU $12.39Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $19.00Trending at AU $22.85
- AU $30.87Trending at AU $36.11
- AU $17.55Trending at AU $19.86
About this product
- DescriptionWith Conan the Cimmerian, Robert E. Howard created more than the greatest action hero of the twentieth century-he also launched a genre that came to be kwn as sword and sorcery. But Conan was t the first archetypal adventurer to spring from Howard's fertile imagination.He was...a strange blending of Puritan and Cavalier, with a touch of the ancient philosopher, and more than a touch of the pagan.... A hunger in his soul drove him on and on, an urge to right all wrongs, protect all weaker things.... Wayward and restless as the wind, he was consistent in only one respect-he was true to his ideals of justice and right. Such was Solomon Kane.Collected in this volume are all of the stories that make up the thrilling saga of the dour and deadly Puritan: Skulls in the Stars, The Right Hand of Doom, Red Shadows, Rattle of Bones, The Castle of the Devil, Death's Black Riders, The Moon of Skulls, The One Black Stain, The Blue Flame of Vengeance, The Hills of the Dead, Hawk of Basti, The Return of Sir Richard Grenville, Wings in the Night, The Footfalls Within, The Children of Asshur, and Solomon Kane's Homecoming.
- Author BiographyRobert E. Howard (1906-1936) was an American pulp fiction writer who is best known as the creator of Conan, a character that has been featured in film, television, comics, and other media. Despite his suicide at the age of thirty, Howard wrote a huge number of stories in a variety of genres, including fantasy, westerns, horror, and even boxing stories. Paul Boehmer appeared for two seasons at the Old Globe Theatre in San Diego, California, where he played Oberon/Theseus in A Midsummer Night's Dream and Lucius in Titus Andronicus. He also appeared in The Constant Wife, played Banquo in Macbeth, and was Antipholus of Syracuse in The Comedy of Errors in the 2005 Summer Rep Season at the Globe. He has appeared in Sir Peter Halls's acclaimed Broadway production of Oscar Wilde's An Ideal Husband, Off-Broadway in the New York premiere of Miss Evers' Boys, and Off-Off-Broadway in New Yorrick, New Yorrick and End of the Day. He has appeared regionally at the Pioneer Theatre Company, Arena Stage, Seattle Rep, Huntington Theatre Company, Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park, Cleveland Playhouse, Missouri Repertory Theatre, Walnut Street Theatre, Syracuse Stage, Berkshire Theatre Festival, and Theatre Works Palo Alto. His film and television appearances include The Good German, The Thomas Crown Affair, Star Trek: Enterprise, Star Trek: Voyager, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, Frasier, Judging Amy, Guiding Light, and All My Children. Paul is most proud of his award-winning unabridged recording of Moby Dick. He holds a BFA in acting from Southern Methodist University and an MFA in acting from the Professional Theatre Training Program at the University of Delaware.
- Author(s)Robert E. Howard
- PublisherTantor Media, Inc
- Date of Publication04/01/2010
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook, CT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTantor Media, Inc
- Weight74 g
- Width135 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Narrator(s)Paul Boehmer
- Format DetailsMP3 format
- Running Time750
- Edition StatementUnabridged
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.