CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
More items related to this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.35
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $96.38Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.87
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.75
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $14.20
About this product
- DescriptionThe elderly husband of Hester Prynne returns unexpectedly to their New England village to find his wife nursing an illegitimate baby and wearing a scarlet letter 'A' - for Adulteress - embroidered on her dress. While her husband embarks on a vengeful hunt for the child's father, Hester refuses to name him because he holds a respected position in the Puritan community. In desperation, the lovers make a secret plan to flee to Europe with their young daughter. Hawthorne's story caused a stir when it appeared in 1850 and remains a milestone in American fiction.
- Author BiographyNathaniel Hawthorne (1804 1864) was a prolific American writer of fiction, including eight novels. He also worked in local and national politics, with an appointment in Europe during the presidency of Franklin Pierce. Hawthorne is considered to be one of the greatest American writers.
- Author(s)Nathaniel Hawthorne
- PublisherArcturus Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication29/06/2009
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleArcturus Classics
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintArcturus Publishing Ltd
- Out-of-print date01/06/2017
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.