All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLyttelton's passion for fragrance inspired her to have a signature perfume created just for her?and then to embark on the ultimate olfactory odyssey. Armed with a list of ingredients, she tracked down each component of her scent, tracing its origins, history, and culture. From the iris fields of Tuscany to the vetivert distilleries of India, from the nutmeg plantations of Sri Lanka to the shores of the Arabian Sea, Celia gives readers a glimpse into the world of scent that few people have ever experienced, providing delicious details on its place in history?for example, how Casava added small amounts of ambergris to chocolate mousses to aid his amorous adventures, and how Charles Dickens carried a mogrammed pocket nutmeg grater in his waist coat at a time when nutmeg was used to ward off evil and to spice rum.
- Author BiographyCelia Lyttelton is an artist and a journalist. She has written for <i>Vogue</i>, <i>Tatler</i>, <i>Vanity Fair</i>, <i>World of Interiors</i>, the <i>Sunday Times</i> and <i>Harpers & Queen</i>.
- Author(s)Celia Lyttelton
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectTravel Writing
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight272 g
- Width138 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.32
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.53
- AU $12.82Trending at AU $13.83
- AU $36.82Trending at AU $38.16
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.69
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.51
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.